- This event has passed.
Webinar | Oral Appliance Therapy Dose Management
April 5 @ 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm EDT
Oral Appliance Therapy Dose Management
With Dr. Mark Murphy
When adjusting oral appliances, MORE may NOT be better.
Increased dose in medicine has long been associated with an increased risk of side effects and toxicity; how does this apply to mandibular advancement devices (MAD)? Over-protrusion or advancement (dose) in DSM may result in side effects and cessation of treatment.
Dose impacts your patient’s compliance with treatment, the outcome of the therapy, and the overall effectiveness of your appliance.
Dr. Mark Murphy is going to share with you how new appliance technology has led to appliances that provide more tongue space, more comfort, and more precision across the board. This encourages a more conservative starting position that requires less advancement.
Join Dr. Murphy on April 5th at 8 PM EST to learn how to manage dose in your sleep cases.
You will learn:
- When 20% protrusion may be as impactful as the much more common 40% – 60%
- Conservative protrusive bite registration techniques
- How current design engineering and technology allow us to treat patients with greater efficacy, compliance, and effectiveness with lower doses
All participants will receive 1 CE.
By this webinar’s conclusion, attendees will be able to:
- Explore modern technology and its impact on MAD design
- Understand the impact of appliance selection in managing dose for sleep apnea patients
- Define techniques for bite registration for MADs
- Demonstrate the impact of dose on the overall effectiveness of MAD therapy
*Sponsored by ProSomnus